Must be willing to work in both Nashville TN and Atlanta GA
The Development Associate will manage the assessment of potential sites for economic, regulatory, and technical feasibility as well as assist the Development Manager with project management.
- Production of conceptual site plans using zoning ordinances and other publicly available data
- Review of all due diligence related items including property surveys, title, zoning, land use, building codes, geotechnical and environmental reports, restrictive covenants and association documents.
- Research and understand site entitlements, regulatory requirements and assist with implementation into the project.
- Assist in preparation and management of project budgets.
- Assist in preparation and management of project timelines including governmental approvals and sequencing of events from initial site plan submittal to obtaining all entitlements, submitting for and obtaining building permits and obtaining certificate of occupancy.
- Assist with coordination and management of consultants through all phases of design and required tenant and governmental approvals.
- Assist in representing the Owner at municipality, engineering or neighborhood meetings and throughout the entitlement processes.
- Assist in construction bidding processes and construction contracts
- Assist with review and processing of project related monthly invoices, billing and pay applications.
- Assist with in management and oversight of construction projects including onsite meetings, weekly reports, requests for information, change orders, budget and schedule tracking.
- Advanced knowledge of all phases and documents required for a traditional project delivery method
- Understanding of multiple building and site disciplines including Civil, Architectural, Structural, MEP, Landscaping
- Understanding of zoning ordinance and building code requirements for site plan design and project drawing review
- Advanced knowledge of permitting, budgeting, scheduling and project management
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Self-starter with a high internal work ethic
- Effective technical writing and communication skills
- Must be able to learn quickly and adapt to fast-paced environment
- Able to plan, prioritize, and effectively deal with multiple tasks of varying urgency
- A personal commitment to excellence and desire to grow within the company
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Legal authorization to work in the United States (without the need for sponsorship)
- Must be willing to travel to project sites around the country and work from both Nashville TN and Atlanta GA offices
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Civil Engineering or Construction Management (or 4+ years in a like position)
- Previous project management experience required
- Experience with land use, zoning and entitlement preferred
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, PDF Editing/Markup (Bluebeam/Acrobat) and the full Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of cloud based project management software such as PlanGrid, Lucernex, TeamGantt and Monday.com
- Working knowledge of online resources for gathering zoning, code and GIS information on specific sites
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: Atlanta, GA and Nashville, TN (Required)
Additional Compensation: Bonuses, Other forms
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule